Wednesday, September 3, 2014

What's the big idea here?

I've been roped into homeschooling this year. My daughter claimed that CPS wasn't to her liking despite the good neighborhood school thing we've got going out here in the JP. We tried to dissuade her, but it wasn't going to happen. Instead, we're homeschooling. I've got some notion of what the deal is: I've been teaching Latin to home schooled students for the better part of a decade now. I've just not done the whole shebang.

Since we live in a great city of the world, there's no sense in leaving it out of the curriculum. I'm trying to add it in as enrichment stuff, though I suppose you could argue that this isn't necessarily enrichment. There's not going to be a lot of rhyme or reason to what I post, but I have a plan. You may need to try seeing the forest for the growing collection of trees.

Some of it might be obvious. Others I hope are a little bit inspired by a spark of home school madness. Even if you're not home schooling, I hope you find some use here.

The target audience is early grades of elementary school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment